Periop employees drive our leading technology, not vice versa.
Since 1997, Periop has been recognized as one of the leading, full-service anesthesia billing & practice management companies in the country. Our industry-leading performance is the result of combining process “automation” with highly skilled employees dedicated to a specific client’s account. This philosophy has allowed us to reduce errors and turnaround time, allowing us to provide a higher clean claims rate, lower days on books, and better net collections than our competitors.
With our in-depth knowledge of anesthesia, we are able to deliver higher reimbursement and faster turnaround on receivables than any other firm in the business.
Periop has always been very active in numerous industry associations, including the ASA, MGMA, HBMA, HFMA and state/regional societies. Involvement in these associations has allowed for comparisions with widely recognized and accepted industry benchmarks; which Periop has continually exceeded:
- Average net collections percentage is above 96%
- Days on books are 42 days or lower
- Our bad debt percentage is under 3.5%
Our All-Inclusive Services:
- Financial review, including development of charge/reimbursement benchmarks and analysis of potential lost charges/revenue
- Site survey; data flow assessment
- Coding and documentation review with follow-up provider education
- Payer contract and fee schedule analysis
- Custom practice edits & business rules design
- Compliance plan review
- Interface with all hospital systems in regards to demographic and clinical charge data
- Front end, rigorous data quality control protocols
- Medical coding by Certified Professional Coders
- Automated concurrency monitoring
- Sophisticated claim submission w/24 hour turnaround on payer claim adjudication acceptance
- Automated payment validation, line item payment posting
- Immediate identification and correction of underpayments/overpayments
- Streamlined accounts receivable tracking
- Provider credentialing
- Full suite of practice reports including business intelligence and dashboard development tools customized to match your reporting and information needs